Basic Crochet Stitches
Treble/Triple(tr) crochet and Double Treble(dtr)
Here we are going learn how to crochet a treble stitch and the double treble stitch.
How to hook a Treble Crochet:
1. Chain the number of stitches that you wish to hook plus 4 more chain stitches. Yarn over 2 times.
2. Push the hook in to the 5th chain from the hook.
3. You now have 4 loops on the hook. Yarn over. Pull the yarn through 2 loops. you have 3 loops left.
4. Yarn over. Pull the yarn through the next 2 loops and you have 2 loops left on the hook. Yarn over. Pull the yarn through the 2 loops and then you have just one loop left.
5. Your treble stitch is done.
Here is the video tutorial for the treble/ triple crochet stitch
How to Hook a Double Treble Crochet
1. Basic Knot. Chain in the req number of stitches plus 5. Yarn over 3 times.
2. Push the hook into the 6th chain from the hook. Yarn over.
3. Pull the yarn through the chain and you have 5 loops on the hooks.
4. Yarn over again and pull through 2 loops leaving 4 loops on the hook.
5. Yarn Over.
6. Yarn Over. Pull through 2 loops. Leaving 3 loops on the hook. Yarn over. Pull through 2 loops leaving just 2 loops on the hook.
7. Yarn Over. Pull the yarn through the last two loops.
8. And You have your double treble all done!!!
How to crochet in a double Treble Stitch – Video Turorial:
The difference between the Treble stitch and the Double Treble Stitch.