Basic Crochet Lessons – 2
Single Crochet(sc); Half Double Crochet(hdc); Double Crochet(dc)
Here is the link to our first lesson,
So now we move on to the next three stitches…..Single Crochet(sc); Half Double Crochet(hdc); Double Crochet(dc)
How to make a Single Crochet(sc):
1. Hook a string of chain stitches. This is your foundation row. It is on this you will crochet ur single crochet stitches(sc).
2. Push the hook into the second chain from the hook. You now have 2 loops on the hook
3. Yarn Over(yo)
4. Pull the yarn through both the loops…to get just one loop on the hook.
How to make a single crochet video tutorial
And to practice your single crochet, check out this link…..patterns using sc.
How to Make a Half Double Crochet(hdc):
1. Make a string of chain stitches as you did for the sc.
3. Push the hook into the 3rd chain from hook.
5. Pull the Yarn through all the 3 loops.
6. There you have it half double crochet.
Patterns using Half Double Crochet…..
A Wash Cloth
A Draw String Bag
How to Make Double Crochet(dc):
1. Make a string of chain stitches to form a foundation row. Yarn Over(yo).
2. Now you have 2 loops on the hook. Push the hook into the 4th chain from hook.Now you have 3 loops on the hook.
5. Pull the yarn through 2 loops….Again….now you have 2 loops on the hook.
7. Pull the yarn through both the loops and u r now left with just one loop on the hook.
Abracadabra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Double Crochet is all done.
Practice Patterns for Double Crochet
There we are….three more stitches done. Hope you enjoyed the ride as much as I did….See all of you when I come back with the 3rd schedule of the series Basic Crochet Lessons.
Let Peace and Love Prevail….but that does’t mean you have to roll over and let others trample all over you….;-))